- American College of Veterinary Surgeons (ACVS) Founding Fellow, 2012
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons (ACVS) Surgery, 2007
Honors Awards and Fellowships
- Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists, Member (MANZCVSc) Small Animal Surgery, 1995
- Mark Bloomberg Award, Veterinary Orthopedic Society
- Master of Science (MS), Colorado State University, 2006
- Residency in Small Animal Surgery, Colorado State University, 2006
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (with Honors) (BVSc(Hons)), University of Melbourne, 1989
Current Professional Activities
- Senior Lecturer, Head of Small Animal Surgery Section, Faculty of Veterinary Science, The University of Melbourne, Australia
- Head of Research Committee for the Veterinary Society of Surgical Oncologists (VSSO), www.vsso.org
- Married to Faye since 1991 with one daughter, Georgina, who is 13.
- ‘Mao Mao’, 19 years and still going, a beautiful Abyssinian DSH Hong Kong RSPCA stray that has travelled the world with us and lived on three continents.
What I Like Most About VIN
- Travel, photography, reading, dining out and at home with friends.
- Sharing knowledge in a global community where everyone has an equal voice.